Patents and Intellectual Property
Patents (six issued in U.S., one in Japan, three in Europe, two in Canada)
- Initial U.S. patent 7,211,258, “Protein A compositions and methods of use” filed 2002 and issued with method of treatment claims for RA, juvenile RA, and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- U.S. continuation patents expanding use, issued with method of treatment claims for:
- ITP or autoimmune TP in 2008
- Reducing an acute inflammatory response or inflammation in 2010
- Psoriasis and scleroderma in 2012
- MS in 2013
- Type 1 Diabetes in 2016
- Japanese patent issued with composition claims treating psoriasis, scleroderma, Crohn’s Disease, myasthenia gravis, ulcerative colitis, psoriatic arthritis, and pemphigus vulgaris.
- European patents issued with composition claims relating to numerous autoimmune diseases (RA, ITP, juvenile RA, psoriasis, myasthenia gravis), dosage expansion, and treatment of inflammation.
- Canadian patents issued Dec. 2016 with method of treatment claims relating to RA and Lupus.
- Hong Kong request for registration filed Dec. 2016.
Other Intellectual Property
- Considerable know-how in the manufacture and QA of highly purified SpA expected to remain trade secret